Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Ben & Jerry's - One Love



One Love - Banana Ice Cream with Caramel & Graham Creacker Swirls & Fudge Peace Signs

Ben & Jerry's has a new limited batch flavor for the summer called Bob Marley's One Love.   This reminds me a lot of a Ben & Jerry's flavour I had when I visited London called Satisfy My Bowl which was also based on a Bob Marley song.  Checking the ingredients list, it might be the same flavor.  Banana, caramel, chocolate peace signs.  This has graham cracker while the UK-version has cookies although that might be a difference in translation as the graham cracker is an American invention.  Despite inevitable sense of deja vu this pint will bring, I am very much looking forward to eating it.  I load up the appropriate eating  music on youtube and I'm reading to go.

The top of the pint shows the off-white yellow of the banana base which quite a big hunk of caramel swirl visible right away.  Digging in, the base is a sweet banana.  In the past, I've noted the difference between the sweet banana of a banana pudding and the more earthy flavor of a banana bread.  This is the sweet kind. Rereading the review above for the UK flavour reveals the more earthy variety of the banana was used there so that is an interesting contrast.  Eating further down, I encounter the two swirls of caramel and graham cracker.  The caramel was quite good and complemented the banana well.  The graham cracker had only a slight textural effect from time to time.  The fudge peace signs were dispersed generously through the pint and they were basically thick pills of chunky fudge.  They were fun to bite into and provided a lot of chocolate flavor.  I cleaned off one of thoses pieces in one of the pictures below to verify that they were indeed peace signs.

I quite enjoyed this flavor.  It reminded me of my fun trip to London a couple of years ago.  For everyone else, it is basically a sweeter version of Chunky Monkey with a bit of caramel swirled in.  If you like Chunky Monkey, check out One Love this summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment