Sunday, September 2, 2018

Graeter's - Banana Cream Pie

Banana Cream Pie - Banana and Caramel Flavored Ice Cream with Vanilla Wafer Pieces

Today is the day for the sixth and final pint from my recent Graeter's shipment.  The flavor is one of the limited batch flavors of the summer:  Banana Cream Pie.  I am super psyched because this is my favorite flavor of pie.  I guess there have been a lot of banana-themed flavors which have similar ingredients but this is the first one be labeled as 'banana cream pie'.  The base here is a blend of banana and caramel and the pie crust is represented by vanilla wafers.  I double-checked my review history and it turns out that both times that vanilla wafers were used as a mix-in, the base ice cream was banana -- Phin & Phebes and Steve's.  Neither of those reviews are recent, but re-reading the reviews I did enjoy those flavors.  This should be fun.

Opening the pint, the banana base is a yellowish-white color and a couple of the vanilla wafers can be seen right away.  Digging in, the banana base is quite flavorful.  It is a nice blend of the sweet type of banana -- as opposed to the more earthy type of banana found in banana bread -- and a hint of caramel to keep it from being too sweet.  It is quite delicious.  The vanilla wafers are substantial in size and dispersed generously throughout the pint.  They have a good a chewy crunchiness which is fun to chew on.

I really enjoyed this pint.  It is a fitting end to my successful Graeter's shipment.  As mentioned above I have had a banana-vanilla-wafer pint before, but this is my favorite of the three.  The base was as good, if not better than Phin & Phebes and the wafers were at least as good as those in Steve's.  This is a limited batch selection, so it might be gone already but don't hesitate to try it if you see it again.







No comments:

Post a Comment