Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ben & Jerry's - Peanut Butter Brownie Sundae


Peanut Butter Brownie Sundae - Walmart Exclusive flavor -- Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Brownies & a Crunchy Peanut Buttery Swirl

I was on a quest to find another flavor (Candy Bar Pie) and I found myself trekking to the Walmart on the other side of town to find it.  They didn't have that flavor but I figured as long as I was there, I'd grab the WalMart exclusive flavor.  Peanut Butter Brownie Sundae.

Opening the pint you see lots of texture within the vanilla base.   Indeed the first spoonful has lots of peanut butter flavor.  The peanut butter swirl dominates the base so much that you forget that it is not a peanut butter ice cream.  The fact that its a crunchy swirl gives the ice cream a much dryer texture than usual.  Sometimes a larger chunk of the swirl would appear on my spoon and it was very peanuty -- not at all creamy.  All chunks and no butter.    So, while a flavor like Phish Food is so gooey that it seems to melt faster, this flavor seemed to melt slower.  The pint maintained its solid consistency even as I got to the bottom of the carton.  There were quite a bit of fudge brownie chunks in the mix.  The chunks were flavorful and were soft and chewy (i.e. not frozen).

All and all, a successful flavor.  There are so many different flavors that are permutations of the chocolate & peanut butter combination that I'd leave it up to the reader to decide if this mix of dry, crunchy peanutty bits mixed with soft fudge brownies is right for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment