Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ben & Jerry's - Pecan Sticky Buns

Pecan Sticky Buns - Buttery Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Pecans, Sticky Bun Dough & a Cream Cheese Frosting Swirl

Walmart has cycled their Ben & Jerry's exclusive flavor again!   Feels like it was only a few months ago that I reviewed their previous exclusive flavor.  Indeed it was only a few months ago!  This one sounds pretty interesting.  At first glance, it appears to be a twist on their Cinnamon Buns flavor except that this pint has pecans and frosting instead of cinnamon and streusel.  I can't wait to try it out.

Removing the lid, I see a the fluffy off-white top of the buttery brown sugar base with a couple of the mix-ins visible on top.  The flavor of the base itself is rather mild -- typical of Ben & Jerry's bases where the main purpose is to serve as a vehicle of the mix-ins.  I could definitely tell it was not vanilla.  Digging in the pecans and bun dough pieces were dispersed throughout the pint.  Those two mix-ins were about the same size so often I did not know until I bit down where I was in for a crunchy pecan or a sugary-chewy bun dough piece.  Both were quite tasty though.  The bun dough pieces outnumbered the pecans about two to one.  I did not notice the cream cheese frosting swirl at all.  It is possible that it got blended into the base pretty well.  It is also possible I mistook some of it as part of the sweetness that the bun dough pieces provided.  Either way, the pint is plenty sweet enough.

I did enjoy this pint.  The Walmart exclusive flavors are often fun twists on existing flavors and this is no exception.  If you enjoy the Cinnamon Buns flavor for the doughy mix-ins and want to see what it would be like with pecans, then see if you can find a Walmart that carries it.  Act fast though, before Walmart cycles the flavor back out again.





No comments:

Post a Comment