Thursday, May 5, 2016

Häagen-Dazs - Toasted Sesame Brittle

Toasted Sesame Brittle - Toasted Sesame Ice Cream with Honey Sesame Brittle Pieces
Today, we discuss the next of the new Destination Series flavors from Häagen-Dazs: Toasted Sesame Brittle.  Here they have partnered with Morning Glory Confections of Los Angeles to take us to the Destination of Asia.  I hadn't thought of sesame ice cream before so I was looking forward to checking this out.

Opening the pint, the sesame ice cream is fairly light colored with some of the brittle pieces evident right away on top.  Digging in, the base sesame flavor is not that strong.  You can tell it is not vanilla, of course, but I suppose sesame itself is not a very potent flavor.  The brittle pieces are crunchy and pack more honey and sesame flavor.  This pint actually reminded me of one of my favorite dim sum dishes: sesame balls.  The brittle pieces were like a crunchy version of sesame balls.

I enjoyed this flavor more than I expected.  Its fun to try a completely new kind of flavor and even more fun when it turns out to be quite good.  If you're feeling like something different and you aren't allergic to sesame then you should check this out.




No comments:

Post a Comment