Monday, April 5, 2021

Jeni's - Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns

Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns - Rich Coconut Cream Loaded with Sticky Bun Dough, Dark Caramel, and Roasted Pecans
 

I am continuing through the non-dairy line of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams of Columbus Ohio.  I don't usually try all the non-dairy flavors of a brand, but I recently ordered some special flavors from Jeni's online and I needed add extra pints to the shipment.  Today's flavor is called Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns.  I am not aware that it is available in Minnesota grocery stores.  Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns features the same coconut cream base that I saw previously in their Lemon Bar flavor.  This time the mix-ins are completely different -- sticky bun dough pieces, a swirl of dark caramel and roasted pecans.

Removing the lid and peeling back the label, I see a white base some evidence of dough pieces and pecans and a dark caramel swirl along the edge.  It is a darker caramel swirl than what I usually see.  Digging in, the coconut cream base is light and almost fluffy compared to their dairy bases.  It is pretty good though.  It has a mild coconut flavor.  Further down, I notice the caramel swirl the most.  It is not just darker in color, it also has a darker and almost burnt caramel flavor.  The pecan pieces are fairly small and provide a bit of crunch in the mix.  The sticky bun dough pieces are also quite small.  I liked the dough pieces, but there were not as many of them as I was expecting.

This is a solid non-dairy pint from Jeni's.  I like that they don't try to mimic the flavor of dairy.  They have a couple dairy-free bases (coconut cream and chocolate) which are quite good by themselves.  The caramel and pecan mix-ins go well with the coconut.  Don't expect too much bun dough, but it's still a decent pint for those who have dietary restrictions.


 





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment