Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ben & Jerry's - Peanut Butter World (Target Exclusive)

Peanut Butter World - Milk Chocolate Ice Cream with Peanut Buttery Swirls & Chocolate Cookie Swirls

Today's flavor is another peanut-butter-centric flavor, Peanut Butter World.  I looked at the backlog of Ben & Jerry's flavors and noticed that there was a lot of peanut butter ones on the list and I decided to put a dent into that.  Its also a Target Exclusive flavor.  I get worried that some of the vendor-exclusive flavors may cycle out before I get a chance to review them.  One my favorite flavors from the past two years was "Volun-Tiramisu" but it appears that it has likely been discontinued so I fear that I missed out on the chance to write a formal review for the flavor.  I am determined not to let that happen again! :-)

Opening the pint of Peanut Butter World, I see mostly chocolate with some evidence of the chocolate cookie swirls.  The base here is labeled 'milk chocolate' which is different from most of the chocolate bases which are just labeled 'chocolate'.  I'm not certain what difference that made other than it was certainly not a dark chocolate.  Digging in I noticed the peanut butter swirl which was not obvious on the very top.  The peanut butter and chocolate cookie swirls created light brown and dark brown marbling to the brown chocolate base.  The peanut butter flavor was noticeable but not overpowering.  The chocolate cookie swirl is perhaps my favorite type of swirl and gives a strong chocolatey kick to an already chocolate base. 

This is yet another successful mixture of chocolate & peanut butter.  I enjoyed it.  Keep in mind that this particular flavor is more chocolate-centric than its name implies, it is probably three parts chocolate and one part peanut butter, so keep that in mind when you are choosing flavors.  Also, the swirls are just about the most efficient way to blend the flavors which is good but there's no chunks or gobs or crunchy pieces, every spoonful was the same blend of flavors.  If this particular permutation of chocolate & peanut butter interests you, then check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment