Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Talenti - Caramel Cookie Crunch

Caramel Cookie Crunch - Dulche de Leche Gelato with Chocolate Cookie Pieces

Today, I am trying another pint of Talenti gelato -- Caramel Cookie Crunch.  As I've noted recently, I am a bit of a sucker for the cookie flavors.  The caramel swirls are visible through the clear Talenti jar.  Checking the website link, it turns out that it is a dulce de leche gelato.  Dulce de leche is a soft and creamy type of caramel made from heating milk and sugar.  I could not wait to dig in.

Unscrewing the lid, the top of the gelato is quite beautiful as the swirls of dulce de leche are quite visible and pronounced.  Often you have to dig in a bit to see the swirls but here they are quite exaggerated on the surface.  Little black specks are also visible, I assume those are the cookie pieces.  Digging into the pint, the dulce de leche is quite delicious.  The swirl is thick enough in many places where you really get a rich caramel-y flavor in your mouth.  The cookie pieces are numerous but are actually quite small.  They tasted a bit like the outer cookies of an Oreo-like sandwich cookie (no cream fillings), but so small were the pieces that they were basically little pieces of crunchy chocolate candy.  I never got a cookie sensation like when the pieces are larger and/or chewier.   

So, it was a little different than I anticipated but I still enjoyed the pint.  It's more of a caramel-centric flavor than a cookie-centric flavor.  That caramel swirl is quite good, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment