Monday, April 11, 2022

Milkjam Creamery - Malted Corn Crunch

Malted Corn Crunch - Malted Milk Ice Cream with Candied Corn Flakes Crunch

The third of the April Childhood Cereals flavors (instagram link here) from the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery is called Malted Corn Crunch (instagram link here).  It features a malted-milk-flavored ice cream with candied corn flakes as mix-ins.    Corn flakes are a popular cereal to use for ice cream mix-ins.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the malted milk base has an off-white color and several of the corn flake mix-ins can be seen right away.  In the first spoonful, I actually taste the malt right away.  This is about the maltiest base that I have ever had.  The candied corn flake pieces provide some sweetness to offset the malt.  This seems a little backwards to me.  Usually, I see malt as a way to mute or offset flavors which are excessively sweet.  Here, the malt is strongest flavor.  I do not have malt that often, so I try to enjoy the flavor for what it is.  It is not bad.

This is a very malty cereal-based flavor from Milkjam.  It is pretty good, but I think you have to be a malt-lover to really love it.  Some people do love their malt, in which case this flavor may be for them.








No comments:

Post a Comment