Friday, December 18, 2015

Häagen-Dazs - Peppermint Bark

Peppermint Bark - White Chocolate Ice Cream with Peppermint Bark Pieces and Peppermint Twists Candy Pieces


Christmas is upon us and Häagen-Dazs has a seasonal flavor available to help us celebrate.  It's based on two common snack candies available this time of year: peppermint bark and candy canes.  Interestingly, they've chosen a white chocolate base for these mix-ins which I have not seen before.  So, in the spirit of the holidays, let's dig in.

Opening the pint, I mostly see the white color of the white chocolate base.  A few dark and pinks are also visible indicative of the mix-ins that undoubtedly lie below.   Sure enough, I found the relatively large peppermint bark pieces right away as I dug in.  They were big hunks of crumbly chunky chocolate with a strong mint flavor blended in.  The occasional candy cane piece was also found.  These pieces where fairly small but I did notice that characteristic candy-cane crunch for one bite each time.  The white chocolate base was fairly subtle but I did notice the mild flavor of cocoa butter.  In previous pints, I've commented that the white chocolate pieces do not taste like much at all, but when its in the base I was allowed to focus in on the flavor and I did notice it.

This flavor was not bad, but I didn't think it was as good as a well-done mint-chocolate chip.  If you like peppermint and you're up for something holiday-specific then you can pick it up while it is still in season, but otherwise I'll stick to my favorite mint-chip flavors.




No comments:

Post a Comment