Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ample Hills - Snap, Mallow, Pop!


Snap, Mallow, Pop! - Marshmallow Ice Cream with Buttery Rice Krispie Clusters

It is my last day in New York, so I thought I'd sneak in one last pint of ice cream.  I've had so much success with Ample Hills this trip that I figured I'd go with them again to make it a clean sweep.  This time, its the Snap, Mallow Pop! flavor which is their implementation of Rice Krispie Bars in ice cream format.  Rice Krispie Bars were a regular treat when I was a kid so I am very much looking forward to this flavor.

Removing the lid shows a very textured pint of ice cream.  The rice krispie clusters are everywhere.  Eating my way in, the clusters are crunchy of course, they seem a bit toasted compared to rice krispie bars but it does not affect the flavor.  The marshmallow base is thick, and connects the clusters as you'd expect -- it really does taste like a rice krispie bar.  As I ate my way down, I started to notice a mild buttery flavor mixed in.  It did not hit me right away, it was something that built up over the course of the pint.

I really enjoyed this pint.  Another successful Ample Hills flavor!  If you're in the New York area and like bold flavors with a lot of mix-ins then check out this brand.  They always seem to know how to load a pint filled with interesting ingredients yet still get the mix right.  I'm already looking forward to my next trip to New York so that I can try more flavors.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment