Thursday, December 8, 2016

Tillamook - Double Peanut Butter



Double Peanut Butter - Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Sauce topped with Salted Peanuts

Shopping at my local grocery store, I saw a Tillamook flavor that I hadn't seen before so I decided to give it a try.  This is the Double Peanut Butter flavor which is a peanut butter base with peanut butter and peanut mix-ins.  Should be a good one for people who like peanut butter.

Removing the lid, I see that Tillamook has covered the top of the pint with the peanut mix-ins.   I've seen this in previous reviews as well.  Once you get past the top layer than the base ice cream is free of mix-ins for a while.  About halfway down, there is another layer of peanut butter and peanuts.  The base ice cream was delicious.  The peanut butter flavor in the base is noticeable but not too strong.  Like other Tillamook bases, it is thick and creamy but not heavy.  I liked it.  The layers of mix-ins look beautiful and they tasted good as well but I must admit that I like my mix-ins blended or swirled in a bit more.

So, a tasty peanut butter centric pint.  I'll leave it up to the reader to decide how they feel about the layered mix-ins.  If you don't mind that and you're a peanut butter lover, then give this one a whirl.   One unique aspect here is that there's chocolate in the mix.  Other peanut butter-centric flavors tend to have at least a little bit of chocolate.  Checking my archives, I could only find the Peanut Buttuh flavor which as a 'core' flavor is also not fully mixed.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment