Sunday, March 13, 2022

Milkjam Creamery - Turkish Coffee Honeycomb

Turkish Coffee Honeycomb - Coffee Cardamom Ice Cream with Honeycomb pieces


March flavors at Milkjam Creamery are named for famous women.  Today's flavor (instagram link here) is named after Deb Haaland, the United States Secretary of the Interior.  Haaland is known for being the first cabinet secretary of Native American ancestry in the country's history as her mother was Native American.  It turns out that her father was a Minnesotan of Norwegian descent ("Haaland" is a very Norwegian surname) and as I myself am a Minnesotan of Norwegian descent, I feel like I must include that factoid.  She has a lot to be proud of.  Since the women honored every March changes from year to year, these flavors have alternate names.  Today's flavor is called "Turkish Coffee Honeycomb".  It is a coffee cardamom ice cream with honeycomb pieces.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the coffee cardamom base has a dark brown color to it.  The color is almost dark enough to be chocolate, but it is coffee.  If I look really close, there are hints of a couple of honeycomb pieces, but I am not sure.  Digging in, the coffee cardamom flavor in the base is excellent!  You can really taste the cardamom and it is blended into the coffee quite well.  As I eat my way down, I see those hints that I saw on top were actually honeycomb pieces.  As I have seen with other honeycomb flavors, instead of being crunchy, the honeycomb melts a bit in the ice cream creating small liquid pools.  It's pretty good.

This is an excellent coffee cardamom flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  Flavors with cardamom can sometimes be hit or miss as sometimes the flavor is barely noticeable, but here the blend is excellent!  It reminds me a bit of an old scoop-shop-era Izzy's flavor called Dessa's Night Drive except with different mix-ins.  The honeycomb pieces here are alright, but the cardamom-coffee base here is the star of the show.  For those that like this type of blended coffee, check out Turkish Coffee Honeycomb (or TCH), the next time is returns to Milkjam Creamery.








No comments:

Post a Comment