Thursday, March 3, 2022

Pumphouse Creamery - Butter Pecan

Butter Pecan - Butter Pecan Ice Cream

 

Today we return to the Pumphouse Creamery in south Minneapolis for their Butter Pecan flavor.  Butter Pecan is one of the old classic flavors which has been around for decades -- long before the modern era of mixing flavors.  It is also one of the top-five flavors in the United States.  I had to double-check my archive three times just to make sure I have not reviewed this flavor from Pumphouse before and I have not.  Let's check it out!

Removing the lid, the "butter" base has a white color to it.  I guess it is a little off-white, but it is definitely whiter than most butter pecan bases.  Digging in, the base has a nice pleasant flavor to it.  It's not obviously a butter flavor, but I can tell it is definitely not vanilla.  Soon I encounter all the pecan mix-ins.  These are good.  Quite crunchy and with good pecan flavor.

This is a solid and pleasing butter pecan implementation from Pumphouse Creamery.  Nothing too bold or fancy, but that matches what butter pecan delivers for most people.  If you are at Pumphouse and want something smooth and nutty, this will definitely satisfy you.







No comments:

Post a Comment