Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Talenti - Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip


  
Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip - Black Raspberry Gelato with Chocolate Chips

We return to the Talenti brand for a review of their Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip flavor gelato.  I was specifically recommended this pint by a friend several months ago and I'm just now getting around to it.

Unscrewing the lid shows the purplish color of the black raspberry with a few chocolate chips showing.  I also see some roundness to the surface on the top which is more common with gelato than with ice cream.  The first spoonful had plenty of black raspberry flavor.  I like black raspberry.  Sometimes red raspberry is too tart but that is never a problem with black raspberry.   Sometimes I almost think I'm eating blueberry.  The chocolate flavor in the chips is noticeable right away.  The chips are of the small flake variety and they are dispersed evenly throughout the pint.  The gelato itself is soft, but it's still a bit creamy.  Fruit flavors fair well in the softer gelato framework.

I enjoyed this pint.  Black raspberry and chocolate chip is a popular combination.  If a softer gelato version interests you then this Talenti pint is the one to try.  If a harder, thicker ice cream interests you than this one of Graeter's signature flavors.




1 comment:

  1. It is stupid to open this ice cream cup ,it hard open the lead .I can not imagine how hard could be for old people trying to open the can

    ReplyDelete