Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Talenti - Vanilla Blueberry Crumble


Vanilla Blueberry Crumble - Vanilla Bean Gelato with Blueberry Sauce and Brown Sugar Oat Crumbles


This week, I decided to try another pint of Talenti gelato.   The flavor is Vanilla Blueberry Crumble.  It turns out that this is a new flavor for 2017 which might be why it seemed to catch my eye in the freezer case.  I don't see a lot of other blue flavors in their line.  This flavor basically duplicates a slice of blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla.  Let's dig in!

Unscrewing the lid of the signature plastic Talenti jar shows a milky white vanilla base with some clouds of blueberry sauce visible.  The blueberry sauce appears to be half-mixed into the base -- it is more blended than a swirl, but not so blended that it is homogenous.  Eating my way into the pint, I do notice the vanilla flavor in the base.  Sometimes vanilla will get overpowered by the other ingredients but not here.  The blueberry sauce is relatively mild but a little bit of blueberry goes a long way.  The combination is delicious.  The oat crumbles are dispersed throughout the pint.  They simulate the 'pie crust' of this slice-of-pie themed pint.  They are quite good, not that soft in texture but not really crunchy either.  I did not notice the brown sugar, but it could have gotten lost in the sweetness of the rest of the pint.  It was good as well, though.  More fruit-themed flavors should have a crust-like mix-in like this.

I enjoyed this pint.  I just noticed that this is basically the same flavor as a Gelato Fiasco pint which I reviewed last year.  How does this flavor compare?  The Talenti pint has a lighter texture with better oatmeal crumble, the Gelato Fiasco pint was thicker and had larger blueberry chunks.  I do like both.  Talenti is definitely carried by more vendors.  If you like blueberry pie, I wouldn't hesitate to try out this Talenti pint.  Keep in mind that it is Vanilla-Blueberry and not Blueberry Vanilla, so it won't be as intense as an actual slice of blueberry pie.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment