Monday, May 15, 2017

Izzy's - Blue Mountain Spice

Blue Mountain Spice - Tea Flavored Ice Cream infused with Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg & Cardamom
It is my last day in Minnesota, so one last Minnesota flavor before I go. It is the Izzy's brand again with their Blue Mountain Spice flavor.  I think this is my first tea-based flavor but it isn't just tea, it is also loaded with spices.  These are spices that I really enjoy in cookies and sweetbreads, so I have high hopes for the flavor.

Removing the lid shows the light color of the tea base.  A close look shows a lot of small specks visible which is probably the spices.  With the first spoonful, I get a nice mouthful of spicy flavor.  It isn't super strong, but with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, a little bit of spice goes a long way.  It is a flavorful blend.  As I have mentioned before, cardamom to me does not have a strong flavor by itself but it tends to accent the other flavors in an aromatic way.  I can see some of that effect here.  The tea is quite mild.  I am not a tea aficionado so I am not sure what a good tea flavor would be, but the mild tea definitely served as a nice base for all of the spices.  The ice cream was homogeneous (no mix-ins) and had a really nice texture to it.  I don't usually notice this type of thing but I really enjoyed the way my spoon cut through this particular pint.

This pint was quite good.  Even though I'm not a regular tea drinker, I would definitely get it again for the spicy blend.  Check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment