Saturday, May 27, 2017

New Orleans - White Chocolate Bread Pudding


White Chocolate Bread Pudding - Sweet Cream with Cinnamon Bread Pudding Pieces and White Chocolate Chips

Today we review a new brand!  New for me, at least.  The New Orleans Ice Cream company founded in 2006 by Adrian Simpson, an English-born resident of New Orleans.  Simpson liked New Orleans' rather unique and distinctive menu of desserts and came up with the idea of using each dessert as a basis for an ice cream flavor.  Browsing the list of flavors at their website, it looks like they do indeed have a lot of flavors that are not implemented by other brands.  Today's flavor is White Chocolate Bread Pudding.  This is the first time I have seen bread pudding as a mix-in.  I can't wait to dig in.

Opening the pint shows the white color of the base ice cream.  The label does not call it sweet cream, but I assume that is what it is because I do not see vanilla listed as an ingredient.  A couple of bread pudding pieces are visible from the get-go.  Digging in, the base ice cream is quite thick.  I encountered the bread pudding mix-ins right away.  They are quite doughy with more than a hint of cinnamon evident.  Enough cinnamon was included that I adjusted the flavor description above to include it.  I like cinnamon, so this was good.  Mixed in amongst the numerous bread pieces were the white chocolate chip.  There were not as many chips as bread chunks but they were not scarce.  The chips were OK, though as mentioned in previous reviews I do not get much out of white chocolate.  It is not bad, but it doesn't have a strong flavor for me.  They did provide the occasionally crunchy texture.  White chocolate in bread pudding is a popular New Orleans recipe, I wonder what it is like in non-ice cream dessert form.

This was an interesting flavor.  If I had to go with a flavor with a spiced doughy mix-in, I might stick with Cinnamon Buns but this was still good.  If you want a variation on that or if you appreciate white chocolate more than me, you could check this out.  This new brand does sound like a lot of fun, though.  I am looking forward to trying out some of the other flavors.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment