Sunday, July 16, 2017

Häagen-Dazs - Mint Chip

Mint Chip - Peppermint Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

Long time readers know that my favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.  I used to buy it all the time, but since I started writing these reviews I have not repeated a pint so I don't get to eat it as much.  This is not a big problem in the grand scheme of things, but I do try to remedy it from time to time by tracking down a brand's implementation that I haven't reviewed yet.  So, today's flavor is Häagen-Dazs' Mint ChipI am looking forward to this.

Removing the lid shows the white color of the peppermint base (no green coloring added) with many chocolate chips visible.  The chips are thin and rectangular shaped and as big as a centimeter long.  If this was Ben & Jerry's they would be called "fudge flakes".  Some smaller crushed pieces of these chips are also in the mix.  The first spoonful provides quite a bit of cool peppermint flavor.  It is quite tasty.  The chocolate chips were crunchy and also flavorful.

This flavor hit the spot.  My all-time favorite mint chip implementations are still Graeter's and McConnell's because they provide a little something extra, but this Häagen-Dazs implementation is much easier to find and is otherwise as good as one could possibly ask for.  Enjoy.







  

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment of mint chocolate chip brands!

    For a regular (but high quality) brand you can buy anywhere, I think Hagaan Dazs is one of the better options. Their flavors are less innovative and more classic (overall), but they do classic well. I decided that their ice cream is actually better than Ben and Jerrys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave! A la Minute at the Claremont Packing House has a yummy mint chocolate chip, made fresh with liquid nitrogen. I was a bit skeptical at first but it was surprisingly good. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check it out the next time I'm up there.

      Delete