Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Three Twins - Butterscotch Pecan

Butterscotch Pecan - Butterscotch Ice Cream with Pecans
The northern California-based Three Twins brand makes todays flavor: Butterscotch Pecan.  It is a twist on the classic butter pecan flavor.  Butterscotch contains butter, of course, but it also contains brown sugar.  It is usually cooked to the "soft crack" stage, though, (I love these candy cooking terms) which tends to make it thick and taffy-like in consistency.  I'm curious as to how they'll smooth that into a base ice cream.  The front of the pint says "if we never come up with a better flavor, I'm sure you'll understand why".  So they seem to like it.  I can't wait to dig in.

After removing the lid, the base ice cream is a light peach color.  One of the pecans is visible already.  The first spoonful is lighter and fluffier than I was expecting.  The butterscotch flavor is on the mild side, but you could tell that it was butterscotch and not caramel.  The consistency was lighter than I expected.  A lot of the premium brands pride themselves on being extra thick and rich, but this pint went down easy.  Almost like a gelato, but it was still very fluffy like an ice cream.  It was quite good.  The pecans were plain (no coating) and distributed throughout the pint.

This was a very good pint of ice cream.  Butterscotch lovers should know what to expect here.  There are no thick swirls or chunks of butterscotch itself, but the way the butterscotch flavoring was worked into the base ice cream was very well done.  It was closer to a butter pecan with butterscotch flavor than a pralines and cream with butterscotch.  With that in mind, I really liked it.




  

5 comments:

  1. I thought this was a good flavor - some of their other flavors are excellent. I would recommend Lemon Cookie and Chocolate Orange Confetti. I also like their Dad's Cardamom (but you really have to like cardamom to appreciate it).

    I would love to try their Land of Milk and Honey flavor, but have never seen it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reviewed the Lemon Cookie and the Chocolate Orange. I liked both but I really liked the Chocolate Orange.

      I've never seen the Cardamom or Honey flavors in a store. I'll keep looking.

      Delete
  2. Hey David!! you have Nice article post. Thank you so much for posting. I have share this with my friends and cousins. I have also share my site about snow cones shaved ice Visit this site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David!! you have Nice article post. Thank you so much for posting. I have share this with my friends and cousins. I have also share my site about snow cones shaved ice Visit this site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I really appreciate you quality work. Keep going. I am following you because of great thoughts. Thanks for sharing such a nice information.Click here

    ReplyDelete