Friday, October 13, 2017

Talenti - Cinnamon Peach Biscuit

Cinnamon Peach Biscuit - Cinnamon Sugar Gelato with a Peach Butter Swirl and Biscuit Cookie Peaches
I was at Target last week and saw a Talenti flavor that I did not recognize, so I figured that I would check it out.  This is Cinnamon Peach Biscuit -- a pretty interesting flavor combinations.  I have reviewed a few peach flavors, but I have not seen one that mixes peach and cinnamon before.  This is a relatively new flavor introduced by Talenti earlier this year.  Talenti actually numbers their flavors -- you can see the number on the side of the jar.  This flavor is #44 and was introduced at the same time as Vanilla Blueberry Crumble (#46) and a couple of flavors that I have not yet tried -- Vanilla Chai and Peanut Butter Fudge.

Unscrewing the jar shows that the base ice cream is a off-white orange.  That would match the color of both cinnamon and peach.  I had to dig in to see which one it was.  It tasted a bit like both.  The side of the container said it was a cinnamon gelato with a peach butter swirl, but it those two were blended to the point of being ostensibly homogenous.  It is very good though.  Both of the peach and cinnamon were quite tasty, but not too strong and complemented each other quite well.  Plus, it being a gelato gave the pint a lightness which made it very easy to eat.  Further down were the biscuit cookie mix-ins.  These reminded me of shortbread cookies. They were not soft but not too crunchy -- fun to eat but does not in any way take away from the flavor of the peach and cinnamon base.

I liked this Talenti flavor.  Peach is a good addition to their already fruity lineup and using biscuit cookies as a mix-in is a fun variation on the usual pie/cobbler implementation.  If you like peach and gelato, you should try this out.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment