Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Graeter's - Strawberry Cheesecake

Strawberry Cheesecake - Cream Cheese Ice Cream with Strawberries and Graham Cracker Pieces


Today we move on to the third pint in my recent Graeter's shipment, Strawberry Cheesecake.  I've never seen this one in my local grocery stores.  I love their signature chip line, but I've also been amazed at how they do their other flavors as well.  Strawberries are very strong-flavored and sweet so they are often blended with something that mutes theiir flavor a bit... sour cream, cream cheese and even balsamic vinegar.  That makes strawberry and cheesecake is a logical flavor combination.  Looking forward to checking this out.

The base ice cream is a very faint pink and some of the graham cracker pieces can be seen as soon as you open the lid.  With the first spoonful, I can taste the cream cheese right away.  It tastes like cheesecake.  It is good.  The strawberries are mildly blended into the background here.  They are quite good as well.  The pieces were well blended and not frozen -- I've had issues biting into frozen strawberries before.  I did not have to worry about that here.  The graham cracker pieces were soft and provided good textural variation.  As with other cheesecake and pie flavors, they act to simulate the 'crust'.

I liked this pint.  The strawberry flavor was quite good, though not too strong.  I did notice the cream cheese flavor a bit more than in other implementations of this flavor.  The picture on the carton of a large slice of cheesecake next to a strawberry is an accurate picture of the balance.  It's good, though.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment