Monday, February 19, 2018

Sweet Science - Blackberry Sorbet

Blackberry Sorbet - Blackberry Sorbet with a hint of Lime
Today we move on to a new seasonal flavor from the most recent Sweet Science ice cream tasting.  This is a blackberry sorbet.  As a reminder, a sorbet is dairy-free by definition.  It is flavoring (usually fruit juice but can be other flavors such as chocolate) and ice which is churned up in an ice cream maker.  Here they flavoring is blackberries and they mention that some lime is used to balance the flavor.


Opening the pint, the sorbet is quite soft!  I wonder if I took too long to get home from the tasting?   It has been in my freezer for over a week since the tasting though, so you think that if it melted that it would refreeze too icy.  Here, it is just a bit soft.  I'll just make sure I have extra napkins around while I eat as it has a very strong and dark purplish-red wine color.  It is a beautiful color, but I don't want to get it on my shirt.  Digging in, the blackberry flavor is quite delicious.  I also notice the lime flavoring right away.  The side of the carton mentions that a 'hint' of lime is used but it is noticeable enough that I think it almost deserves a co-billing.  No complaints as I love lime flavoring too.  The texture is very soft and creamy.  Even as I got to the bottom of the pint, it was never runny.  It was about the texture of a soft gelato.


This was a very fun pint.  Very fruity.  The blackberry and lime are blended well.  It is a bit potent, though.  You might not want to eat the whole pint in one sitting.  The side of the carton suggests having a scoop of this alongside a scoop of vanilla.  That sounds good.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment