Saturday, January 22, 2022

2 Scoops - This $&@! Just Got Serious

This $&@! Just Got Serious - Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Sea Salt Fudge and Salted Cashews
 

Last week, I tried my first pint from the relatively new 2 Scoops scoop shop on Selby & Milton in Saint Paul.  Today, I try my second flavor which is called "This $&@! Just Got Serious" -- which is a great name for an ice cream flavor!  I have several place and they do consistently spell the second word dollar-sign-ampersand-at-symbol-exclamation point.  I applaud their consistency and I hope to reproduce the spelling accurately here as well.  What is in this flavor?  It is a salted caramel base with a swirl sea salt fudge and salted cashew mix-ins.  Looks fun!

Removing the lid, I see a big chunk of fudge right away!  Fun!  The salted caramel base has the expected light brown color (like that of brown sugar or cookie dough).  I see one of the cashews right away as well.  Digging in, the base has good caramel flavor like a caramel candy (slopoke, etc).  It is not overly salty.  The fudge chunks are large and generous.  The fudge is a bit sweeter than I expected, but it is still quite good.  The cashews are distributed throughout the pint providing more to chew on.

This is a fun pint from 2 Scoops -- a fun name and a fun flavor.  Checking my archives, I was surprised not to see this combination anywhere.  I think most of the caramel-fudge-nut flavors use almonds or pecans instead of cashews.  I found it more sweet than rich, so smaller servings than a full pint might be more apt -- this is hand-packed from a scoop shop after all.  If you are in the neighborhood and want chocolate-and-caramel, give this flavor a try.







No comments:

Post a Comment