Saturday, January 15, 2022

Milkjam Creamery - Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! - Salted Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Red Berry Jam, Cookie Dough Brownies
 

Milkjam Creamery of Minneapolis has flavors for January (instagram link here) and today's flavor is Peanut Butter Jelly Time! (instagram link here).  This is a peanut-butter-and-jelly flavor.  Peanut butter ice cream, red berry jam for the "jelly" and they've also got cookie dough brownies.  Maybe the cookie dough brownies represent the bread of the PB&J sandwich?  I have had several PB&J themed flavors from Graeter's, McConnell's (also includes a 'bread' mix-in), Ben & Jerry's and Ample Hills.  Let's see how this Milkjam flavor compares.

Removing the lid, the peanut butter ice cream has a light color and I can the jam swirl and the cookie dough brownie clumped together in the middle.  Digging in, the peanut butter base is a bit lighter than I expected.  Milkjam is actually well-known for their non-dairy peanut butter bases, so a dairy peanut butter is an interesting change of pace.  It's pretty good, but I can tell that the main purpose of this base is to serve as a vehicle of the mix-ins.  Soon I encounter the red berry jam.  It has a good flavor.  None of the instagram posts say which red berries are included.  I assume one of them is raspberry, there could be some strawberry and/or cherry I suppose.  It is a good blend.  The cookie dough blondie pieces are not as numerous as I expected but they provide some thicker texture to chew on.

This is a fine peanut butter and jelly flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  It's fun to have these monthly experimental flavors.  I would rate this in the middle of the pack compared to the other PB&J flavors I listed above.  I think McConnell's is my favorite.  That was a limited batch flavor as well. 








No comments:

Post a Comment