Wednesday, January 26, 2022

2 Scoops - Banana Cream Pie

Banana Cream Pie - Banana Ice Cream with Marshmallow Ripple and Nilla Wafers
 

Today is another pint from the 2 Scoops scoop shop on Selby & Milton in Saint Paul.  See an earlier review for more background on 2 Scoops which opened in 2020.  I picked up three pints there on my first visit and this is the third pint:  Banana Cream Pie.  I selected this flavor because Banana Cream Pie is my favorite pie!  Banana ice cream is the base Nilla Wafers are the mix-ins and there is a 'ripple' of marshmallow to represent the cream.  I have had Banana Cream Pie flavors from Sweet Science, Graeter's and a banana pudding and wafers flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  Let's see how today's flavor compares.

Removing the lid, I see that the banana base has off-white speckled yellow color -- not a super-bright yellow like some banana puddings.  I can see quite a bit of the marshmallow ripple on top as well.  It is almost marbled with the base.  Digging in, it is a delicious, banana flavor -- sweet like a banana pudding and not earthy like a banana bread.  The marshmallow ripple adds overall creaminess to the pint.  The effect is excellent.  It does remind me of banana cream pie.  Throughout the pint are the occasional Nilla Wafers which provide some pie-crust-like crunch into the mix.  Yum.

This is an excellent banana cream pie implementation from 2 Scoops.  This holds up really well against Sweet Science and Graeter's which are top brands.  Plus, I think this is part of the regular menu of flavors for 2 Scoops so it is available for more than one month of the year.  I could be biased because Banana Cream Pie is my favorite pie, but this is definitely my favorite of my first three pints from 2 Scoops.  I should have reviewed this flavor first so that I started of this brand with the best review possible.  Anyhow, if you're in the Selby neighborhood and you like banana cream pie, then check this flavor out.









No comments:

Post a Comment