Tuesday, January 18, 2022

2 Scoops - Blue Moon

Blue Moon - Fruit Loops Cereal Milk Ice Cream
 

I am trying a new brand today.  2 Scoops is scoop shop on Selby and Milton in Saint Paul.  A friend of mine had recently picked up a couple of pints from there, so I figured I would give them a go.  2 Scoops opened in May of 2020 by the White family (Brian Sr., Brian Jr, Rdella & Cheryline Elliott).  A couple of articles telling their story are here and here.  I had three pints hand-picked and got them to go.  Today, I try the first of those pints called "Blue Moon".  This is a cereal-milk-based pint with the cereal in question being Fruit Loops.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the ice cream is bright blue!  Maybe they only used the blue Fruit Loops?  Or they just altered the color because blending all the colors would look a brown mush.  It is beautiful!  Digging in, the ice cream is quite sweet.  There are no chunks of fruit loops in the mix -- this is a homogeneous pint with no mix-ins.  This is more of a cereal milk flavor.  As I continue to eat my way down the pint, the sweetness built up a bit.  This might be a better flavor for one or two scoops at a time instead of a whole pint.

This is a fun cereal-based flavor from 2 Scoops.  I found it a bit on the sweet side for my middle-aged taste-buds but with the beautiful blue color and sweet flavor, I bet it is a big hit with children visiting the shop.  I am looking forward to checking out other flavors that I got from 2 Scoops.








No comments:

Post a Comment