Monday, January 24, 2022

Dreyers - Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Cinnamon Light Ice Cream with a Cinnamon Graham Swirl and Cereal Pieces

I was at the local Speedway gas station the other day and found some fun novelty flavors using name-brand mix-ins in the freezer case.  I looked at the label and Dreyer's is the one making the ice cream.  I had done a similar pint before with their collaboration with Hostess a few years ago so I figured I would try a try a couple of more of these.  Today's flavor is Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  So, an ice cream based on the cereal from General Mills.  I always liked this flavor when I was a kid.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios were the most sugary of the cereals that my parents would buy when I was a kid, so it was always a treat having it.  Here, the base ice cream is a "light" cinnamon ice cream and there is a swirl of cinnamon graham cracker and some cereal pieces.  I did not realize that this would be a 'light' ice cream.  Checking the container, there are only 450 calories in the entire pint. Interesting!  Well, let's check it out.

Opening the lid, I see the 14-ounce container has some air pockets on top -- that's one way to keep the calorie count down -- and I see some of the graham swirls right away.  Digging in, the cinnamon is good.  It is not a strong or hot cinnamon, but it matches the flavor of the cereal quite well.  The fact that it is light does not bother me at all.  It is not at all thick, but it is quite reminiscent of cereal milk.  The cinnamon graham swirl tastes quite good and provides a bit of gritty texture into the mix.  The cereal pieces were not that distinct from the swirl which is fine because it was all quite delicious.

This was a fun and surprisingly good light ice cream based on Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal from Dreyer's.  I don't usually survey all the light-ice-cream offerings in the freezer case so I don't know how this compares to other brands but this tasted quite good.  It's kind of weird thinking of this as a light ice cream because this cereal was the most sugary that my parents would buy, but I guess breakfast and dessert have different healthiness scales.  This is cheap convenience store ice cream, but it is quite good for that.  Check it out.








No comments:

Post a Comment