Monday, January 3, 2022

Milkjam Creamery - Fool's Gold

Fool's Gold - Caramel Ice Cream with Brown Butter Pecan Apple Blondies, Dulce de Leche and Sea Salt
 

Milkjam Creamery of Minneapolis has flavors for January (instagram link here) and today's flavor is Fool's Gold (instagram link here).  This features a caramel ice cream with brown butter pecan apple blondies, dulce de leche and sea salt.  It is an interesting mix of flavors.  Let's see how this turns out.

Removing the lid, I see only the caramel ice cream base.  This reminds me.  I don't think Milkjam has a simple Salted Caramel ice cream on their menu.  I suppose that's what special releases are for.  Digging in, the caramel base has a simple and agreeable flavor.  I can taste a bit of salty, but it is not too strong.  Soon I encounter the mix-ins.  The dulce de leche provides more caramel flavor (dulce de leche is caramelized milk while plain caramel is caramelized sugar).  The blondies seem to be mostly embedded within the dulce de leche.  These are pretty good.  They provide more even more caramel flavor with the brown butter.  The apple flavor in these blondies is not that strong -- this is not an apple-y pint -- but I do notice it if I focus.

This is a fun caramel-themed pint from Milkjam Creamery.  The dulce de leche and brown butter blondies provide even more caramel to the caramel base.  The contributions of the apple and pecan are more subtle, all the forms of caramel are the stars of the show here.








No comments:

Post a Comment