Sunday, February 12, 2017

Graeters - Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip - Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

I was at the grocery store looking for new flavors to review and my eyes caught the Graeter's brand.  Here in southern California, we don't get a lot of Graeters flavors.  The only one in the freezer case which I had not reviewed was the simple Chocolate Chip flavor.  Sometimes I shy away from reviewing the simpler flavors but I decided I was in the mood for those great Graeters' chocolate chips.  As mentioned in a previous review, Graeters has a unique way of implementing their chocolate chip mix-ins.  They pour melted chocolate into the french pots and allow it to re-harden as it mixes into the cream.  There's a video in that previous review that you should check out if you have not seen it already. 

On to the ice cream.  Removing the lid shows the vanilla base and some of the chips are visible right away on top.  These chips can be quite large!  The vanilla flavor of the base is just standard vanilla but perhaps the simple base allows the effect of the chips to stick out more.  I even got good photos of the chips this time.  There's something different about these chips.  They are actually soft and perhaps even a bit chewy which I don't expect from blocks of chocolate that are this large.

So, a successful pint even if it is simple vanilla chocolate chip.  If you are a fan of the way Graeter's does its chocolate chips then you will not be disappointed.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment