Saturday, March 4, 2017

Häagen-Dazs - TRIO: Triple Chocolate


TRIO: Triple Chocolate - White and Milk Chocolate Ice Creams Between Crispy Layers of Belgian Chocolate

It is time for the next in the TRIO line of flavors from Häagen-Dazs.  TRIO is their new line of flavors for 2017 where the pint is comprised of three layers:  two layers of two different kinds of ice cream and one layer of crispy Belgian chocolate.  This particular flavor is called Triple Chocolate because the two layers of ice cream that go with the Belgian chocolate are white chocolate and milk chocolate.  Sounds like a lot of chocolate!

After removing the lid, I can see swirls of the two ice creams on top.  I saw this with the previous TRIO review.  For some reason, two ice creams above the first layer of Belgian chocolate have a bit of a swirl to it.  Digging into the pint, it is pretty chocolatey. 
Häagen-Dazs is known for having one of the best milk chocolate bases around, so no complaints there.  I never notice a strong flavor to white chocolate.  I was curious, so I checked to see exactly what made it white chocolate.  I guess it contains only cocoa butter and sugar and none of the non-fat cocoa solids which give dark chocolate its signature bite.  Anyhow, it was good.  The Belgian chocolate layers were very thin and crunchy as in the previous flavor.  I got a decent picture of the layering this time -- see the 'spoon' picture below.  As I continued to eat the pint, it became very filling.  All the cocoa butter in the white chocolate may not have a strong flavor but it sat heavy in my stomach.  Even though
Häagen-Dazs uses smaller "14-ounce" pints, I was quite full at the end of this.

This was an interesting pint, but I think you have to be more of a white chocolate fan than me to fully enjoy this.  That or maybe find someone to share it with.  Also, it is likely that Chocoholics will enjoy this much more than me






  

No comments:

Post a Comment