Thursday, March 22, 2018

Talenti - Banana Chocolate Swirl

Banana Chocolate Swirl - Banana Gelato with a Dulce de Leche Swirl and Chocolate Chips

I found a pint of Talenti Gelato at Target which I don't see very often in freezer cases, so I figured I would pick it up.  I don't like to do too many of the same brand(s) in a row, and it has been a while since I've had a pint of Talenti.  The flavor is  Banana Chocolate Swirl and it is actually one of their older flavors.  They number their flavors as they release them and this is flavor #16.

Unscrewing the lid of the distinctive Talenti jars, I see all of the ingredients right away.  Lots of dulce de leche swirls and chocolate chips in a light yellow banana base.  Digging in, the banana flavor is quite sweet and fairly intense.  In previous reviews, I have noted that there are generally two types of banana flavors -- an earthy flavor typical of banana breads and a sweet flavor typical of banana pies.  This pint would be the sweet flavor.  The dulce de leche does not have a strong flavor in itself but it does serve to balance the banana quite well.  The chocolate chips are are small and dispersed throughout the pint.  As I continued eating, the banana flavor stayed potent but did not get overpowering.

This is a good pint of gelato.  I liked it.  It is a strong banana flavor.  It is sort of mix of the bananas foster types of pints which include caramel or dulce de leche and the banana chocolate chip types of pints.  Ben & Jerry's had a couple of limited release Bob Marley inspired pints (here and here) which also featured that.  This Talenti pint has a bit more banana and smaller chocolate pieces. 





No comments:

Post a Comment