Thursday, August 9, 2018

Milkjam Creamery - True Colors

True Colors - Mint Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
When Minneapolis' Milkjam Creamery came out with a limited-batch mint chocolate chip flavor, I quickly went down and picked up a pint.  Long-time readers know that mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor so I am always interested to see how each brand will implement it.  Milkjam calls this flavor True Colors.  I am not sure why.  Their flavor names usually sound cool but about half the time they are over my head.  Anyhow, this should be fun.

Opening the pint, there are a lot of chocolate chips visible right away!  So many chips that it is hard to tell if the base is greenish or yellowish.  Digging in, this is the highest density of chocolate chips that I have seen in an ice cream.  It almost looks like the speckling of micro-crumbs of a cookies and cream implementation, but these are actually small chocolate chips.  Through the chips, I could tell that the mint flavor comes at least partly from mint leaves.  Because of this, it is perhaps not as strong as some mint bases but it was still pretty minty.

This is a fun implementation of a mint chip.  It is definitely the chippiest of mint chips that I've ever had, that is for sure.  I love a strong mint flavor so I can't put it in my inner circle of mint chips (Graeter's & McConnell's) but it still very successful.  Of course chocolate chip fans will absolutely love this.  Unfortunately, as with many Milkjam limited batch flavors, the flavor is gone by the time I get around to eating it and writing it up.  Hopefully, they'll bring it back often.





No comments:

Post a Comment