Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Sweet Science - Orange Sorbet


Orange Sorbet - Orange Sorbet with Mexican Honey Imperial Lager

The Saint Paul-based Sweet Science brand has two new seasonal flavors for August.  The first flavor is the return of the previously-reviewed Sweet Corn Blueberry and the second is called Orange Sorbet with Mexican Honey Imperial Lager.  Sweet Science likes to partner with local craft beer makers.  This time, they've paired with Indeed Brewing Company and use their Mexican Imperial Lager to accent the flavor of their orange sorbet.  I don't think I have ever had an orange sorbet.  Orange is a popular flavor for a sherbet which has a lower dairy content, but a sorbet by definition has no dairy content.  This should be interesting.

Opening the pint shows the bright orange color of the sorbet.  You can tell right away that it is not ice cream.  Digging in, the sorbet is quite smooth and has a creamy texture (even though there is no cream).  I checked the ingredient list and it looks like some tapioca syrup is used to help thicken it up.  The orange flavor is very good.  It tastes like a glass of orange juice!  Not just a normal glass of orange juice, either.  It's like a really good glass that you'd get at a nice restaurant or something.  I must admit that I did not taste the beer.  I asked a friend and they didn't taste the beer either (they really liked the orange flavor though).  Perhaps, the beer flavoring was too subtle for me.   Or maybe it blended into the orange and was why the orange flavor tasted so good?  I did not mind though.  I liked the orange and I am not really a beer aficionado anyways.

This is an excellent pint of orange sorbet.  Very good orange flavor and nice to drink on a hot summer day.  In general, I prefer ice cream over sorbets, but this is one of the better sorbet's that I have had.  Despite the flavor-name, it's not really a boozy pint.  Orange-lovers of all ages would enjoy this.






No comments:

Post a Comment