Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Talenti - Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge

Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge - Layers of Peanut Butter Gelato, Peanut Butter Cups, Fudge Sauce, Vanilla Gelato and Peanut Butter Cookies

Today I try my second pint from Talenti Gelato's new Gelato Layers line of flavors.  This one is called Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge.  Like the first pint there are five layers.  Peanut butter gelato on top, then peanut butter cups, then a hot fudge sauce, then a vanilla gelato with peanut butter cookie pieces on the bottom.  Sounds fun.  Let's dig in!

As before when I unscrew the lid, I only see the top layer -- the peanut butter gelato.  For the sake of research, I tried to cut out a wedge again, just to get a picture of all the layers.  The pictures are below.  Some mixing does occur when you try to do an extraction like that, so I don't think the pictures are catalogue-quality, but it was fun to do.  Plus, it makes the remainder of the pint a bit easier to eat in a 'layered manner'.  How does it taste?  Pretty darn good?  The accidental mixing is a bonus because you actually want the ice cream to mix a bit as you eat it.  The two base ice creams are decent but both have mild flavors.  Their purpose here is to serve as vehicles for the three mix-ins layers.  The two inner mix-in layers are fudge sauce and peanut butter cups.  They naturally mixed.  The peanut butter cups seemed immersed in the fudge sauce.  The sauce was very chocolatey and reminded me of chocolate syrup -- a little bit of a kick in the back of your throat when you swallow if you know what I mean.  The peanut butter cup filling was much softer than I expected.  Usually it's hard peanut butter on the inside of these.  The peanut butter seemed to ooze out of the cups when I ate it.  These are amazing!  Are these the same peanut butter cups used in their Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup flavor?  I will have to put that on my list of flavors to check out.   Finally, the mix-in layer on the bottom of the pint are peanut butter cookie pieces.  Like the previous pint, the shape reminded me of oyster crackers but these cookies are soft and full of peanut butter flavor.  Very good!

This is an amazing layered pint from Talenti Gelato.  This definitely exceeded my expectations!  Logistically I wondered how the layers would mix, but the solution here seems to be to give the two bases a supporting role and to use amazing mix-ins.  The gooier than expected peanut butter cups are clearly the star of the show here, while the chocolate sauce and the soft peanut butter cookies are also excellent.








No comments:

Post a Comment