Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Jeni's - Lemon & Blueberries Parfait


Lemon & Blueberries Parfait - Tart and Uber Creamy Lemon with From-Scratch Blueberry Jam in Fresh cultured Buttermilk and Cream
Today is the fifth pint from my recently six-pint shipment from the Columbus-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.  It is called Lemon & Blueberries Parfait.  This is actually a renaming of one of their older flavors.  The previous name was Lemon & Blueberries Buttermilk Frozen Yogurt.  I have actually reviewed their Lemon Buttermilk flavor before.  It was tart, but good.  This pint is basically that flavor as a base with a blueberry jam swirl added to it.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, I see the off-white yellow color of the lemon buttermilk base with a large and pronounce purplish blue swirl of blueberry jam.  I like it when I see a beautiful swirl right away when I open a pint!  Digging in the lemon buttermilk base is tart again as with when I reviewed the base flavor alone.  You can definitely tell that it has buttermilk.  It is good and very lemon-y, though.  Then I encounter the blueberry swirl.  Blueberry does not have as strong of a flavor as I always expect.  Perhaps I am comparing it to strawberry and raspberry.  Or perhaps it is the super-dark color and I expect super-strong taste.  I can definitely taste it though and lemon-blueberry is a winning combination.

I enjoyed this pint.  Lemon & blueberry go together very well.  This is not like a lemon-blueberry muffin, though.  This pint is for those who like their lemon bases tangy and tart.





No comments:

Post a Comment