Sunday, March 31, 2019

Talenti - Hazelnut Chocolate Chip

Hazelnut Chocolate Chip - Hazelnut Gelato with Roasted Hazelnuts and Chocolate Chips
While I am waiting for new Talenti flavors to hit my local freezer case, I found an older flavor which I have not had before which looks interesting.  It is called Hazelnut Chocolate ChipHazelnuts (known in my area as filberts) are famously one of they key ingredients of the Nutella spread, but this flavor looks to emphasize the flavor of the nut itself.  There are chocolate chips in here but the clear jar shows plenty of light brown color.  I am looking forward to checking this out.

Unscrewing the distinctive Talenti jars shows the light brown color of the hazelnut base with lots of speckles of chocolate.  Digging in, the hazelnut flavor is quite delicious.  There are quite a few chocolate chips in every spoonful, but the chips are small and chocolate plays just a supporting role.  There are small hazelnut pieces in the mix as well and these are quite crunchy.  Because of the crunchiness, I notice these more than the chocolate, though I'm sure that they are outnumbered.

This is good stuff!  I enjoyed this pint much more than I thought I would.  It is a simple hazelnut-flavored ice cream with delicious hazelnut pieces and chocolate chips and it is done quite well.  Hazelnut bases are not that common -- they are either included as a nutty mix-in or blended into the chocolate like the Nutella spread.  The one hazelnut base I could find in my review archive is Ample Hill's Baby I was Churned This Way.  This Talenti flavor is better in my opinion.  If you're a fan of hazelnuts themselves -- and not just Nutella -- then this is the flavor to try.





No comments:

Post a Comment