Monday, April 22, 2019

Talenti - Vanilla Fudge Cookie

Vanilla Fudge Cookie - Layers of Double Dark Chocolate Gelato, Chocolate Cookie Chunks, Fudge Sauce, Vanilla Gelato and Chocolate Waffle Cone Pieces
Today we move on to a pint from the new Layers Collection from Talenti Gelato.  This flavor is called Vanilla Fudge Cookie.  The two gelato layers here are Double Dark Chocolate and Vanilla.  The layers in between are chocolate cookie chunks and fudge sauce and the layer on the bottom is chocolate waffle cone pieces.  It sounds like a simple mix of various types of chocolate and vanilla.  Let's check it out.

Again, the only thing I see when I unscrew the lid on a layers collection pint is the Double Dark Chocalate gelato layer.  It looks chocolatey, but it does not look to be all that dark.  I checked the online page for that individual base flavor and I don't think it is actually supposed to be that 'dark'.  I dip my spoon in for a taste and it is quite good, but it tastes like regular chocolate ice cream.  OK, now to try to extract the layers.  It is a challenging, but fun task to try to dig out a wedge with reasonable layer integrity for the photos.  The results are below.  OK, on to the ice cream.  I was distracted by the 'double dark' name of the chocolate above, but it is quite good.  I have not reviewed the standalone version of this base yet, but it would work quite well.  It has a frozen hot chocolate flavor to it.  The chocolate cookie and fudge sauce layers blended together a bit -- the cookies seemed to be immersed in the fudge.  I liked that.  The cookies tasted like cookie part of an Oreo -- crunchy and chocolatey.  The chocolate waffle cones on the bottom here not that bad.  They were a bit like the cookies but less crunchy and sweet.  The vanilla gelato acted a bit like a palate cleanser here -- to keep the pint from getting too chocolatey.  It fulfilled that role quite well.

I liked this layers pint.  This is the probably the simplest flavor in the layers line -- chocolate and vanilla.  Perhaps I should have tried this one first.  It is still quite good, but it wasn't a 'wow' flavor for me due to its simplicity.  I could be a great first flavor to have if you are curious about the collection though.  Chocolate lovers should enjoy this and the layer of vanilla keeps the chocolate from becoming overwhelming.








No comments:

Post a Comment