Sunday, September 6, 2020

Graeter's - Lemon Sorbet

Lemon Sorbet - Lemon Sorbet


Today is another sorbet from Graeter's Ice Cream of Cincinnati.  This is Lemon Sorbet.  This is the fifth pint from my recent six-pint shipment from Graeter's.  A note to local readers that although this is a standard pre-packaged pint from Graeter's (and not a limited release),  I bought it online and I am not aware of any local grocery stores that stock this flavor.  Lemon is a favorite flavor of mine and it is a natural choice for a sorbet because lemon juice is so acidic and does not naturally mix with dairy.  Let's check it out!

Removing the lid, the sorbet has a blindingly white color.  Digging in, the white color does not mean that it lacks lemon flavor.  It is a very delicious lemon flavor which is a bit tart but not overly so.  The consistency of the sorbet is also excellent.  It almost feels like I am eating shaved ice, yet my spoon is still able to scoop through it without too much effort.  Continuing down the pint, the flavor and texture stay good and I finish the pint quite easily in one sitting.

This is an excellent lemon sorbet from Graeter's -- probably one of the best sorbets that I have ever had.  Perhaps I am biased because lemon is one of my favorite flavors, but this is an ideal sorbet for me both in flavor and texture.  Now, sorbets may not be for everyone -- sorbets do not have any dairy or dairy substitutes -- but if you like sorbets and you like lemon this is the one to get.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment