Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Graeter's - Raspberry Sorbet


Raspberry Sorbet - Raspberry Sorbet
Today I am having Raspberry Sorbet -- but not the kind that you find in a second-hand store, this is from Graeter's Ice Cream in Cincinnati.  This pint was part of my six-pint online purchase from Graeters.  I do know a few grocery stores in Minnesota that stock the Graeter's brand -- Whole Foods is one that I can think of off the top of my head -- but I cannot think of a local places that stocks their sorbets.  So, just a note to my local readers that an online purchase is needed to enjoy this pint in the Twin Cities.  With that caveat out of the way, it is on to another reminder: a 'sorbet' is dairy-free by design.  It is liquid flavoring mixed with ice and then churned like ice cream.  It contains no 'imitation' dairy products to mimic the texture of ice cream.  The churning process is what gives it a softer, scoopable texture instead of creating a solid block of ice like a popsicle.  I have had raspberry sorbet once before with Talenti's Roman Raspberry flavor and once swirled with lemon sorbet in Ben & Jerry's Pucker Upper flavor.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid reveals the bright red color of the raspberry sorbet.  Digging in, the raspberry flavor is delicious without a hint of tartness.  Raspberry can be sweet or tart (or both).  There is no tartness, here, so I suppose this is a sweet raspberry, but it is not overly sweet either.  The texture is good.  It is easy to scoop out with my spoon.  I can tell it is not as creamy as an ice cream would be, but it does not have any iciness that some sorbets can have.  It is good and I have no problems eating the whole pint in one sitting.

This is a very good raspberry sorbet from Graeter's.  It has a simple and very agreeable flavor.  It is hard to compare it to the sorbets I mentioned above because the flavors are so simple, but I guess I would differentiate it from the flavors above by its lack of tartness.  This pint was the least tart, Talenti's had a hint of tartness, while Ben & Jerry's intentionally maximized the tartness.






No comments:

Post a Comment