Saturday, May 15, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Yasmeen

 

Today I return to Milkjam Creamery for the third of their four May "flower" flavors.  This one called Yasmeen (instagram link here).  Yasmeen is a variant of the name Jasmine and jasmine is the flower that flavors this ice cream.  It is a jasmine milk tea ice cream with white chocolate chunks.  I have had jasmine rice before, but not jasmine tea, so this should be interesting.

Opening the container, the ice cream has a light beige color to it.  It is lighter than I was expecting from a tea base so I can see why they call it a "milk tea" in the flavor description.  Digging in, I can taste the tea flavor right away but it is fairly muted.  The jasmine flavor in the tea is also quite mild.  That is consistent with how a jasmine tea is flavored though.  I do like the flavor.  The white chocolate chunks are dispersed throughout the pint.  White chocolate is a fairly neutral flavor for my palate, but it was good to have something to chew on from time to time. 

This is a pleasant and agreeable milk tea pint from Milkjam.  The "milk tea" description is apt.  When blended with cream and churned, it creates a milder and more subtle flavor than other tea-based ice creams that I have tried (see reviews tagged with tea here).  It is still delicious even if it doesn't grab you has much as other flavors.






No comments:

Post a Comment