Thursday, May 13, 2021

Pumphouse Creamery - Strawberry

Strawberry - Strawberry Ice Cream
 

Today's flavor is from the Pumphouse Creamery in south Minneapolis.  This time of year, Pumphouse is famous for their amazing Rhubarb ice cream which I reviewed a couple of years ago.  I picked up a pint for a relative.  While I was there, I also pinked up a pint of Strawberry to work on completing my survey of their flavor offerings.  It looks like a simple implementation of the popular flavor.  They get the strawberries from a grower named T Berries in Avon, Minnesota (up I-94, just past Saint Cloud).

Removing the lid, I see the light pink color of the strawberry base.  I can see some darker pink specks so there are some strawberry solids in the mix as well.  Digging in, the ice cream is quite thick -- not a lot of air whipped into it -- but it is still creamy when you put it into your mouth.  The strawberry flavor is good.  It tastes a bit like a strawberry shake.  The solids add some visual speckling, but they do not noticeably affect the texture or flavor too much.  It is not seedy and the specks are not large enough to be 'frozen'.

This is a well-done implementation of a simple strawberry base from Pumphouse Creamery.  Nothing fancy, but still very delicious.  Their famous Rhubarb flavor is available until the end of June and Strawberry is known to go well with Rhubarb.








No comments:

Post a Comment