Friday, December 22, 2017

Graeter's - Pumpkin

Pumpkin - Pumpkin Ice Cream with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger & Cloves
I was at Whole Foods last week and I found another seasonal flavor -- Graeter's Pumpkin ice cream.  It looks like a standard pumpkin-spice base with no mix-ins.  Since it is a seasonal flavor and I am running out of time before Christmas, I figured I should sneak it in.

Opening the pint, the pumpkin base is the expected orange color.  In the first spoonful, I taste the pumpkin and quite a bit of spice -- though I wouldn't say the spice flavor is strong enough to say that it was 'spicy'.  It is a good spice blend.  Very similar to our family pumpkin bread recipe.  We use allspice instead of ginger but the other three spices (cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves) are the same.  The spices are enough to keep it interesting as you eat the whole pint.

Almost every brand does a pumpkin implementation and they are all fairly straightforward.  The most interesting pumpkin flavors have come from Jeni's and Sweet Science because they use five-spice powder, but this is still a very solid implementation of a pumpkin ice cream.  Pumpkin is a fun seasonal flavor but you don't want to overdose on it, so it might be helpful to split this pint with a friend.



  

1 comment:

  1. I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon. website

    ReplyDelete