Sunday, December 17, 2017

Häagen-Dazs - Chocolate

Chocolate - Chocolate Ice Cream
Today, we look at another staple flavor in the Häagen-Dazs line: Chocolate.  As mentioned last week, I picked up a couple of simpler flavors for when my niece and nephew came to visit and they didn't end up eating any of it.  More ice cream for me!  Chocolate is one of the three original Häagen-Dazs flavors along with Vanilla and Coffee.  This is the also favorite pint of another one of my nieces.  She uses it to make ice cream shakes.  I am looking forward to formally reviewing it.


Opening the pint, the ice cream is brown as expected.  Digging in, it tastes like really good chocolate.  It is actually harder to describe the simpler flavors, but I'll try.  It is definitely not dark chocolate, there is no strong bite to it.  It is not cloyingly sweet like a milk chocolate bar.  But it is still quite chocolatey.  It kind of tastes like hot cocoa, but cold and churned into a creamy ice cream.  Like the strawberry from last week, there are very few ingredients.  Here they use cream, skim milk, cane sugar, cocoa and egg yolks.  I like the flavor and it stayed tasty as I ate the whole pint.

Häagen-Dazs does the simple flavors very well and this is no exception.  If you are just looking for chocolate that is not too strong or too dark and with no mix-ins then you can't go wrong with with this pint.
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment