Thursday, January 12, 2017

Talenti - Peanut Butter Pretzel


Peanut Butter Pretzel - Peanut Butter Gelato with Peanut Butter Ribbons and Chcoolate and Peanut Butter Covered Pretzels
Looking at the freezer case of my local grocery store, I realized I hadn't had a pint of Talenti gelato in a while.  I figured, I'd try their Peanut Butter Pretzel flavor because it seemed like an interesting flavor mix.  I'm also curious as to how a peanut butter gelato base will come out.  Gelatos tend to be lighter while peanut butter tends to be thick and heavy.  It'll be interesting to see how that balances out.


Unscrewing the lid (I still love these jars!) reveals the beige color of the peanut butter base.  No mix-ins are visible right away.  Digging in, the peanut butter flavor in the base is noticeable but not too heavy.  Soon, I ran into the pretzel mix-ins.  These are interesting, they are spherically shaped and fully chocolate covered.  They were pretty good.   I took some extra pictures below to show what they are like.  I could see chocolate-covered pretzel balls being a non-ice-cream snack.  I did some googling and found that indeed such a treat does exist.  As I continued to eat, I ran into some peanut butter clumps.  Checking the ingredients, this appears to be the 'peanut butter ribbons'.  These were OK.  It provides a more concentrated flavor than what was in the base but there wasn't a lot of these ribbons.

This was a decent pint.  Talenti lovers who like peanut butter will want to check it out.  For me, I kept thinking that when I want peanut butter I'm not looking for a light gelato.  So, in that regard, I think I prefer Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby flavor, but your mileage may vary.







   

No comments:

Post a Comment