Monday, January 30, 2017

Häagen-Dazs - Pineapple Coconut


Pineapple Coconut - Sweet Cream with Pineapple Chunks and Coconut Flavor
Scanning the freezer case for the next pint, I decided to try Häagen-Dazs' Pineapple Coconut flavor.  I've shied away from doing a full survey of Häagen-Dazs pints because they have a lot of simple homogeneous flavors in their lineup and flavors with mix-ins make for more interesting reviews.  This is a fairly simple flavor, but I realized that I've never had pint that includes pineapple before.  So, I decided to give it a go.  

Removing the lid, there's the expected off-white color.  Both coconut and pineapple are light colored.  The top was actually tough to photograph because my camera couldn't find anything to focus on.  I think I finally got a decent shot.  With the first spoonful, I noticed the coconut flavor which was blended into the sweet cream base.  It was not as strong as the coconut in the previous review, but here it has to share the pint with the pineapple.  The pineapple chunks were little cubes each a little smaller than a pea.  The first chunk provided just a small bit of pineapple flavor but each one built upon the other.  By the time I got to the bottom of the pint it was fairly potent.  It was quite delicious.

I'm glad that I gave this flavor a try because I really enjoyed it.  It just occurred to me pineapple and coconut is the flavor combination for a pina colada.  There's no rum in here, but it has a similar fruity flavor.  In you are in a tropical mood and you like pineapple, then you'll want to check this flavor out. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment