Thursday, August 10, 2017

Talenti - Fudge Brownie

Fudge Brownie - Dark Chocolate Gelato with Brownies and a Fudge Swirl

We return to Talenti gelato for their Fudge Brownie flavor.  This looks like an interesting flavor.  Normally when I think of gelato, I think of something light and airy -- perhaps a fruit flavor, but chocolate and fudge are heavy and rich ingredients.  I'm curious to see how this works out.

Unscrewing the lid shows the brown color of the chocolate base with some of the fudge swirls visible.  The side of the pint and the website bill this as a dark chocolate base but it does not visibly look that dark.  Digging in, it tastes like regular chocolate and not dark chocolate -- it is good, though.  The brownie pieces are small, but dispersed generously throughout the pint.  They are chewy and chocolatey.  Sometimes brownies can freeze, but that did not happen here.  The fudge swirls are blended in more than the initial view up top would suggest.  Perhaps it make the base more chocolatey.  

I liked this pint a lot better than I thought I would.  It's a bit thick and rich for 'gelato' but it is still a good pint of ice cream.  I think Ben & Jerry's is still the gold standard for brownie mix-ins but one could argue that the chocolate base is better here.  If you are a Talenti fan and you like chocolate, then don't hesitate.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment