Saturday, September 15, 2018

Häagen-Dazs - Chocolate Peanut Butter


Chocolate Peanut Butter - Chocolate Ice Cream with a Peanut Butter Swirl

Today's flavor is from Häagen-Dazs.  There was a sale at my local grocery store, so I decided to explore more from their catalogue of pints.  Most of the pints I have yet to try are fairly basic, but Häagen-Dazs does basic flavors very well.  This flavor is called Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Those are two tastes that have been known to go well together for years.  This pint is a case of "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" meaning the base is chocolate and the mix-in is peanut butter.  In this regard, it is the opposite of their Peanut Butter Salted Fudge flavor.

The top of the pint looks just like their chocolate ice cream.  In the first spoonful, I tasted that chocolate which is excellent.  Häagen-Dazs has one of the best chocolate bases.  Soon I encounter the peanut butter mix-ins.  They are not completely obvious visually, but if you zoom in on the pictures below you can see them.  They provide just enough peanut butter to complement the chocolate without completely blending it.  This is a fairly chocolate-heavy peanut-butter-and-chocolate combination but it is a tasty one.

This is a solid pint of ice cream.  The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is quite simple, but it works well.  Previous times I have had this flavor, I remember the peanut butter swirl being a bit pronounced, but it was still quite good.  The subtler blend reminded me of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter World which I liked.  People who like their chocolate peanut butter blends a bit chocolate heavy should like this.







No comments:

Post a Comment