Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Museum of Ice Cream - Vanillionaire

Vanillionaire - Vanilla Ice Cream with Wafer Cookies

We return to the Museum of Ice Cream today for a review of their Vanillionaire flavor.  This is one of the more basic flavors from this youthful brand.  It is a vanilla base with vanilla wafer cookies.  I just reviewed a pint which contained vanilla wafers.  In that review, I noted that all of the times that I have encountered that mix-in, it has been paired with a banana base.  This pint breaks that streak.  A vanilla base is used here.  I am actually surprised that more brands have not tried this.  It seems like an obvious way to spruce up vanilla.  Let's dig in.

First, I note that the carton features a whitish grey on yellow color scheme.  You can read it in person, but I always have the darnedest time trying to get my camera to deal with this lack of contrast.  Just a pet peeve there.  Opening the pint, the vanilla is the expected off-white color but instead of bean specks being visible I see crumbs on vanilla wafers.  Digging in, the vanilla base is decent.  The wafer cookie pieces are a bit small.  Perhaps I am spoiled by the large pieces of my previous pint.  They are still good, though.

This is a simple and decent pint of vanilla.  The idea of using vanilla wafers as a mix-in is a good one and I wish more brands would try this.  Perhaps most people thing people want to add their own toppings to vanilla?  The amount of wafers here is a bit light, though.  When the mix-ins are sugary, sometimes the Museum of Ice Cream overdoes it, but here I think more wafers would have been fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment