Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Milkjam Creamery - Pumpkin to Talk About


Pumpkin to Talk About - Pumpkin Sorbet with Spices

People are talking...  talking 'bout ice cream... yes, the folks at the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery have come up with another winning flavor name pun!  This holiday flavor is called Pumpkin to Talk About.  It is a pumpkin spice sorbet. So, I'm going start up a youtube recording of the Bonnie Raitt song and dig in!

Removing the lid, I see the thick dark orange color of the pumpkin sorbet.  This is my first pumpkin sorbet -- my previous pumpkin bases have all been ice creams.  Pumpkin is not a bad choice for a sorbet because it supplies its own creaminess.  The pumpkin is quite dense and flavorful.  It is also a spicier than average pumpkin spice.  Milkjam does not list ingredients on their packaging, but I'm guessing there is plenty of cinnamon and nutmeg.  It is quite good.  It is quite thick and heavy on the spoon, but surprisingly not too heavy in the stomach.  It is still filling, but not as filling as it looks.

This is a very well done implementation of a pumpkin sorbet.  Definitely suitable for holiday eating.  I am more of an ice cream man, so I would probably prefer this one scoop at a time, but if you like pumpkin and prefer sorbets then you should check this out.




No comments:

Post a Comment